Sunday, January 14, 2007

Sunday Lunch

I love our Sunday lunches. Sunday is the only time of the week that we all eat lunch together. i have made a habit of trying new recipes on Sundays. I love to sit down for a hot meal in the middle of the day . It also reminds me of growing up in the Dominican Republic where the main meal is at noon.

Today it was Italian Bites (recipe taken from a Southern Living magazine), Ceasar salad, grape tomatoes, baby carrots and a Mandarin Orange Cake for dessert. Nothing fancy. I love simple, easy to prepare meals. I wasn't sure how to take the pictures...

These are the Italian Bites (just a fancier version of a grilled cheese sandwich)





And here is a view of our table. The green tablecloth serves as a reminder that we are back into Ordinary Time in the Liturgical Year. (The table is not properly set up but the crew was getting impatient with my picture taking)

3 comments:

Sandie said...

When the kids were little I would change the table cloths with the liturgical seasons too :) Now, I am just lucky to get one of them home for Sunday Dinner (about 2pm). I like the colors and the food looks yummy!

Dalissa 365 said...

I like the bright colors of the food with the subdued green table cloth. Your lunch looks yummy!

LauraLiz said...

Boy, I wish I'd eaten with you! My lunch left a lot to be desired.

Good photos; happy times!