Monday, March 26, 2007

Patterns of Light and Shade

I was going to post a picture of the many loads of laundry I did today. Unexpectedly I had the chance to go outside and play with the camera. It was a luxury I hadn't had in a long time. Since it started to bloom, I have been fascinated with the dogwood tree in our yard. Today I stood under it and took a lot of pictures. These are the ones I liked the most. I love the interplay between light and shade.


I loved standing under the tree looking up. I love the canopy feeling of this one.

It was a glorious day and I am glad I had the chance to spend some of it outside.

3 comments:

my15minutes said...

I like your perspective here too, looking up. Glad you got outside...you can almost smell the fresh springtime air in these photos!

Sandie said...

My dogwoods are just beginning to get the green leaves...but I know they will bloom before Easter, it just suprises me every year how fast it happens from bud to full flowering. These are nice light and shadow pictures.

SUSAN said...

Natalia, one of my favorite things to do is look up through the trees too. :-)

Lovely, happy photos! Love the green and the light.

Susan