Thursday, December 6, 2007

Two Nicolas(es)

We celebrated today the feast of St. Nicholas, who is my Nicolas' patron saint. Some years I have baked special homemade buns, this year with had donuts(not very ethnic but all I had time for). The kids woke up to find mugs filled with chocolate coins and other St. Nicholas related candy by their places at the table. We read the story The Miracle of St. Nicholas by Gloria Whelan and, I got a lot of teasing from the children because reading the story I cried AGAIN.

3 comments:

Sandie said...

I cry everytime I read it too :)

Dancingirl said...

Awww... how sweet. It's great that you continue the tradition with what you have time for rather than getting all flustered and trying to do it a certain way. Sounds fun! And I like the previous photographs of your purple!

Colleen said...

Hi, Natalia! Waving to you from way over here in Washington state. We celebrate St. Nicholas day, too and I shared a photo on my blog of the boys on that morning. And like you, we enjoy reading Gloria Whelan's book, although this year I didn't reserve it in time from the library. I hope you're having a good Advent season.