Sunday, August 26, 2007

Tourist in my Own Country

These in no particular order are some of the pictures taken during our trip to the DR. It was a great month!

Sunset at the beach.

Fortaleza Ozama against the bright blue Dominican sky.

At the top of the tower.

Going down.

A. racing his cousin with Diego Columbus's house (El Alcazar de Colón) in the background.

Inside the first cathedral in America. This is one of the many side chapels.

Cannons. I assume the trees weren't there when these were place there.

Another shot at the top of the tower.


Another colonial building.

Umbrellas are great when the Caribbean sun hits and the temperature rises.

The modern side of Santo Domingo.

7 comments:

Rachel said...

Lovely! These photos make me want to hop on a plane and go for a visit. Maybe someday. :-)

LauraLiz said...

I've been wondering where you were!! Great to "see" you again, and so good to share your trip via photos!

Carol Ann Weaver said...

Wow! So great to see you back Natalia! You have some great pics. I really like the first one. Makes me want to go to DR!

Colleen said...

Good "see" you here again, Natalia. Thanks for sharing the photos. Hans and I would really like to get to the Dominican Republic some day. I think I may have told you once that Hans knew a Swiss guy who emigrated there and started dairy farming. So glad you enjoyed your visit!

Katrina said...

Good to see you back. These are great photos! I especially like the sunset and the angle you took of the kids on the spiral stairs.

SUSAN said...

Wonderful to get a glimpse into the sites of D.R.! I am glad you had a great time. :-)

Susan

MaryD said...

I'm so behind in looking at photoblogs... these are all great. Looks like a fun trip. Special to have your family there. the sunset at the beach is gorgeous!!